Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sorry if none of this makes sense. I've mostly lost my mind. :-)

So one of the new problems I’ve been having is that I’m loosing some of my short term memory.  Sometimes this is really frustrated because I remember that I can’t remember, but sometimes it’s really funny.      A few days ago I got a new rug for my doorway. ($2.95 baby!) I just remembered I had it today and put it down on my floor. Immediately after I placed it I walked out to talk to my Papa for a minute.  I wasn’t out of my room 10 minutes when I walked back into my room and screamed because I stepped on my run having completely forgotten it was there.  (I know, funny right?)  This same thing has happened to me at least 5 times so far tonight.  Besides almost peeing my pants so many times and freaking my family out when I squeal,  I find this particular account of forgetfulness really flipping funny.

I seem to have about 1 day a week were I can even try and read or write or process any slightly complicated thought.  6 days of the week I am really annoyed and feel very disconnected because I can do very little real communication beyond “hi” and “I'm going back to bed”.  But, on that one day I don’t just feel normal, I feel super human! It’s like I have magic skills.  There really is nothing special about my skills that day it’s just that I’ve been without normal function for so long that doing simple things like reading my devotions in the morning makes me feel like I could save the world.  It’s kind of fun.
On that note, I’m really sorry everyone for my lack of communication and slow responses to things. My brain power is very limited right now.  This too shall pass and I’ll be back to normal me soon enough.  In the mean time you are all welcome to laugh at the fallowing story. It’s funny.

So the other day I was getting out of the shower. I put my first leg into my pants and then had a brain seizure and just froze. For the life of me I could not remember how to get my other leg into the pants. I knew my objective I could just not remember how to accomplish it.  I just stood there in the bathroom for several seconds  laughing because it was such a funny thing to forget how to do.  Don’t worry, I figured it out and have been wearing pants successfully every since.  How awesome is that? J

Having seizures has been an interesting experience for me. I’ve been fearing them since I first found out I had stage 3 lyme and learned that they could be part of my future.  I have two different kinds of seizures. One is very frightening and one is mostly funny.  The frightening ones are when I just start to jerk and shake out of no where. They mostly happen at night and are very scary. (Some other time I will write more about how I feel about all this)  The other kind I wouldn’t have even known was a seizure except for some research I’ve done.  This kind is kind of hard to explain. It’s just like my body forgets for a few seconds how to do something it used to do automatically.  Like I put food in my mouth but forget to close it so all the food just falls right back out. Or I’m walking and I take a step with my left foot but my right foot just doesn’t move.  It’s like I have to remember to do things normal people never even think about.  A few days ago I went to hug my mother and while walking forward towards her I just forgot to stop and just plowed right into her.   “Oh yeah, I should have stopped walking” I thought.  It’s so strange.  Anyway, I’ll go more into this next time I’m able to write.

But, Over all I am really happy. So enjoying my new cameras. What a blessing to have that hobby back! I’ve been really annoyed to not be able to read or write much as that is a lot of what takes up my time, but I’m enjoying praying  and playing with my nephew and niece since my energy levels are so up right now. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment