Friday, April 8, 2011

DYNAMITE


There is a verse in 2 Corinthians many Christians have long since had memorized.  The ESV reads it as

For the sake of Christ then, I am content with my weakness, insults, hardships, persecution, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

It’s always been one of my favorite verses as it speaks so clearly to those days we all have were it feels like our lives are out of control. (To which I have about a million)  I was reading my devotions today in the book Streams in the Desert.   It said that that verse is more accurately translated

Therefore I take pleasure in being without strength, being insulted, experiencing emergencies, and being chased and forced into a corner for Christ’s sake; for when I am without strength, I am DYNAMITE.

As I read this verse translated this way, people and situations were filling my mind. I felt like I wanted to send a copy of the verse to everyone I know with a letter attached that read   “Did you know you could be dynamite for Christ?”   It’s what I’ve always wanted to be.  It’s what I long for!  I didn’t know that all my efforts and striving to escape my weaknesses so I could DO something for Christ, was really me running away from a gift.
I want to better myself. I want to be more Christ-like today then I was yesterday. I want to grow and change and experience, BUT I will never be God (Thank goodness) and so I will always have weakness. There is no escaping it or growing all the way out of it. THAT’S OK!  “For when I am without strength, I am DYNAMITE”   I can just picture demons sounding the warning to each other when I open my eyes each morning. “She’s awake and she doesn’t feel well. Look out! She’s gonna do something big for Christ today!”  They scatter in all directions, trying to escape the explosion.  (Insert my conquering laugh here)  I love this!

In all things we are more then conquerors through Him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, not angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, not powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:37+38

Not even my weakness will separate me from the love of Christ. I am MORE then a conqueror, I am dynamite!

No comments:

Post a Comment