Wednesday, December 8, 2010

JOY night!

One of my favorite things about my closest friends is that they can tell how I really feel despite the way I act. Tonight was the JOY Christmas Concert something I DON'T miss. It's a big deal for me and everyone knows it. I normally dress to the hilt and spend hours doing my hair and having my makeup done. (2 things very rare for me)  Today was a bit different without having hair. It took me forever to find something to wear since I've gained so much weight and really didn't want to wear a overly casual hat on my head for such an occasion. I'm learning how vain I really am and not liking this part of myself at all. Not one bit!
  Long story a bit shorter, I went and felt pretty and had a great time. People were sweet and no one asked me anything that made me want to cry. (Which is always a plus. :-)
What blessed me most about tonight were the people who could tell I didn't feel well. That meas so much to me. I'm not really sure why. The two-three people who were there that said "You look good and you are faking it well and I'm sorry you don't feel well tonight." Makes me feel so known, so loved. It's like a cup of hot chocolate on a cold night. I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Tonight really was a great night! I got to hang with my friends and hug my Julie K. (Long overdue)
I am thankful for God's grace.

1 comment:

  1. I love your snazzy head scarf solution :)
    And I'm glad you were able to go.
    Love ya!
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete