Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A perfectionist who is far from perfect

I have come to the conclusion that I am a perfectionist who is far from perfect.  This is making my life horrible. Setting such high standards for myself means that I fail every single day and go to sleep at night regretting all the things I did wrong. Even admitting this make me feel like I've failed.  I want to be the best me I can be. I want to live up to everything God has created me for. BUT I also want to not deny the free gift of grace that God has extended to me. How do I find the line? How do I live in grace without using it as an excuse for not being the best part of myself? I want to live guilt free as the best me. (Hahah. I rhymed.)
Lord, teach me how to live under grace properly. Teach me to accept my own humanity while still striving to be Christ like. I want to be everything You desire for me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment