Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This Is Your Time

From:
Michael W. Smith 
This Is Your Time

There’s a big difference between mission and ambition. Are you pursuing your dream because that’s what God wants you to do, or are you pursuing it because that’s what you want to do? Both can go together, of course. I certainly wanted to play music, and believed God wanted me to as well. But I held my dreams with an open hand. I was willing to let God take them back, because I knew that making records wouldn’t fulfill me; only obedience to God can do that… I derive most of the meaning of life not by things I’ve accomplished, but through the people I love.


-Heart Check-
How’s your perspective? Is your security based on the right thing? Do you clothe yourself with humility? Ask yourself a few questions:

-What do I daydream about? When I’m lying in bed or letting my mind winder during the day, do I dream about being famous and wealthy, or am I praying about how I cab serve God and love others?

-When I enter a room, am I focused on whether others are noticing me, or whether there’s a hurting soul that I need to notice and minister to?

-Is my energy focused on earning earthly or heavenly rewards?

-Is my sense of self-worth dependent on what Jesus has done, or what I have done?

- Am I thankful for what God is doing in my life or bitter about what He’s not doing?

We were created to give God glory and to sing His praises. When we put our best energy and our best efforts into that calling, we won’t have time to worry about our own reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment