Saturday, February 26, 2011

overwhelmed

I am so out of words tonight but I feel like if I don't write I'm going to explode so here goes.
Tonight was the benefit dinner my amazing sister in law put together to raise money for my health bills. It was a night I was looking forward to and also dreading. I kept having day dreams about people coming and yelling at me for not being good enough to have so many people supporting me.  It was very hard for me to be there tonight and not run and hid behind a wall because I just didn't feel worthy of all this people's love and support.
I have no words to tell you how thankful I am to God for giving me such a support system.  The amount of people who put so much time and effort into this night is so amazing! My brain can just not wrap around that kind of willingness to help me. I can't even form a full thought about it. I feel like my thank you's just fell so short of how I really feel.
I did not deserve tonight. I do not deserve the love and support that I have been given, but God's grace is so clearly covering my life and I know that it was His love oozing out of so many people tonight. I am a child of God, made in His image. He loves me and tonight He chose to use His children to show that to me.

I know this sounds cheesy, but I really don't have words to thank Emily and all those who put so much work into tonight.

I will write more about this later when my brain has space to think.

Thank you all for all your love. I will do my best to live up to your affections, not for you, (sorry) but for the Glory of my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment